In this guide, we are focusing on the best recliner for back pain to help you choose the one that will suit your specific needs.
Back pain is a problem you should never allow to come into your life because if it does, it becomes an exhausting lifelong struggle. Even though the problem is predominant in elderly people, everybody is at risk of developing back pain.
If this happens to you, just know that you are not alone. There are many people who go to stores several times, try different recliners but still go home without making a purchase.
The internet has made it a bit easier because it gives you an opportunity to review different recliners for back pain from the comfort of your home. Reading the best recliners for back pain reviews (guys at Massage Hub have guide on this) on the internet gives you a general picture of the various features of different recliners, their advantages and disadvantages, and price.
The good thing with recliners is that they help support your own weight thus protecting your back against pressure and strain that causes back pain when sitting.
Therefore if you are a victim or have somebody who is suffering from back pain and want to choose a recliner for them, you are in the right place.
What you should know is that not all recliners are effective in alleviating back pain. Each recliner has a different capability of alleviating back pain depending on its design and features.
What is a Recliner?
We are talking about recliners but what is a recliner anyway? A recliner (also known as armchair or lounger) is a specially designed, overstuffed soft chair that comes with different features including headrest, footrest, back or lumbar support, motor and heat massage.
Massage chair experts at www.massagehub.org argues that these chairs can be adjusted into different positions for ultimate comfort by supporting your muscles, releasing body tension and relieving back pain.
Best Recliners for Back Pain Reviews
The process of selecting the best recliner for back pain to purchase is very overwhelming and challenging . We have compiled our reviews to help you make an informed decision.
Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800
This recliner never misses in the list of top recliners for back pain. It is featured in almost all reviews of best recliners for back pain. Accommodates users weighing up to 240 pounds and 6 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 4 inches.
This is one of the most comfortable and best recliners for back pain you will ever find. It has numerous adjustments and cushioning.
This recliner uses the latest technology to detect your body’s specific massage needs. The air massage technology will cover the whole body as the dual foot rollers works on your legs. You can choose from its three levels of zero gravity.
The yoga stretching program and heat therapy setting makes Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 even better.
If you are looking forward for ultimate relaxation for a classy recliner with a traditional look, this should not miss on your list.
- Hybrid L/S track design
- 3D body scanning
- Heat therapy options
- Double layer shoulder airbags
- Dual foot rollers
- Zero gravity seating positions
- Yoga positions
- Body stretch function
- 6 auto massage programs
- Very comfortable
- Sturdy and space-saving design
- Different massage options – kneading, rolling, tapping, Shiatsu, and combination of tapping and kneading
- Simple remote control and remote holder
- Effective in fully body massage therapy
- 3-year limited warranty
- Does not support MP3
- Shuts off automatically after 30 minutes
- Looks bulky
Cozzia Dual Power Recliner
This is a recliner you can sit on for a whole day without feeling any pressure or pain in the back or shoulders. It has independently-functioning power footrest and headrest, and a removable pillow that you can us to provide additional lumbar support if you want.
The recliner has zero gravity features that will enable you position yourself to an angle that removes any weight or pressure from your upper and lower back. This is very useful in relieving back pain.
Cozzia Dual Power Recliner is not bulky, has adequate height off the floor and will not take much of your space, whether you are using it at home or in the office. Its base is made of solid beech wood while the cushion surface is made from high grade bonded leather.
Besides relieving back pain, you will also benefit from the gentle heat and vibration massage that this recliner provides.
It is designed to accommodate users weighing up to 400 pounds.
If you want a versatile recliner that gives you the freedom to position your head and feet independently, provide a soothing heat and vibration massage, relieve sore muscles and reduce stress and tension, this is the best choice for you.
- Elegant design
- Soothing heat therapy
- Vibration massage option
- Zero gravity positions
- Independently-operating and adjustable footrest and headrest
- Power operated
- Lumbar support
- Detachable memory foam leather pillow
- Very comfortable for both home and office use
- Relieves pain, tension and stress
- Sturdy because of its design and beech wood materials
- Durable because of beech wood and leather materials
- Heat therapy
- Independently-operating and adjustable footrest and headrest
- Has a super quiet motor
- Suitable for adults and the elderly too
- You can use it while watching television
- It is pricey
- Has less padding in the seating than most of its competitors
Mac Motion Oslo Collection Recliner
This is one of the best recliners for back pain available in the market today. It is a recliner to consider because of its relatively low price compared to other popular recliners for back pain.
It is an elegant and very comfortable recliner with a sloping movable ottoman to give your legs flexible and adequate support. Both the ottoman and chair have memory foam and foam seating core that creates extraordinary support and exceptional comfort.
Mac Motion Oslo Collection Recliner has adjustments that allow you to find the best sitting position for back pain and strain relief. It has a sleek design, very easy to assemble and can work perfectly in your living room, home theater, home office, or even at the workplace.
The recliner is suitable for both home and office use.
- Separate ottoman
- 360-degree swivel
- Adjustable head and backrest
- Memory foam seating
- Adjustable reclining
- Lumbar support
- Top-grade leather
- Polish finish
- It has a striking look
- Very sturdy and durable
- Made of real leather
- Occupies less space because of company design
- Easy to assemble
- Adjustable headrest
- Convenient for office and home use
- Very effective in relieving back strain and pain
- Excellent customer support services
- Not convenient for very short people and those taller than 6 feet.
- A bit pricey
Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner Stretched Foot Rest
Are you suffering from back, shoulder or waist pains? Look no further because this recliner can solve your problems right from home.
This recliner has a stylish design and comes with different massage options including shiatsu – a very popular and effective massage technique based on traditional Chinese medicine.
The massage chair has numerous features that will enable you get the best massage experience by relieving pain in the back, shoulders, waist, legs and feet; boost blood circulation and lower heart pressure.
Its heat function makes the experience even better by helping in releasing stiff muscles and improving blood flow.
- Multi-massage function – shiatsu, kneading, tapping, rolling vibration and compression
- Airbags for the legs, feet, arms, hips, waist, head, shoulders
- Massage rollers
- Heat therapy system on foot soles and lower back (waist)
- Can recline up to 170 degrees.
- Two electric actuators (for backrest and legrest)
- Heat settings
- Air ottoman system
- Built-in LED digital display
- Control panel
- Very sturdy and comfortable
- Relieves backbone and heart pressure
- Promotes blood circulation
- Comfortable leg stretch
- Relaxes your joints
- Available in different colors – black, brown and burgundy
- Remote controlled
- Easy to operate
- Focuses on key areas for maximum body relaxation
- Good for whole body massage
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Quite heavy making assembling a bit difficult
Homelegance 9668BRW-1 Glider Reclining Chair
This is an elegant reclining chair with my all-time favorite style – the great American design that gives it a classic appearance.
It is one of the best reclining chairs for back pain because of its remarkable performance and high durability.
The seating of Homelegance 9668BRW-1 Glider Reclining Chair is covered by easy to clean bonded leather whereas its strong body is covered in vinyl leather.
The head and back rests have thick padding and lumbar adjustments that provide perfect comfort and support.
The chair has a lever that works with the reclining function to allow you adjust it to the position that will give you maximum comfort and relaxation to relieve back pain.
Its rolled arms give it a distinguished traditional look. But unlike conventional chairs that have rocking motion, Homelegance 9668BRW-1 Glider Reclining Chair has a gliding motion. This motion is very soothing and helpful in reliving back pain.
Having this reclining chair is a guarantee for ultimate relaxation and comfort.
- Traditional American design
- Lever action reclining mechanism
- Bonded leather seat and vinyl leather body
- Lumbar support adjustments
- Thick padding
- Head and backrests
- Gliding option
- Classic design
- Easy to assemble and use
- Super comfortable
- Adequate lumbar support
- Relieves back and joint pains
- Very affordable
- Big enough to accommodate two persons at a time
- Suitable for people up to 6 feet 3 inches
- Easy to wear and tear because of the vinyl leather
- It does not recline more than 80 degrees
- It requires relatively larger space
- Produces little noise when gliding
We hope that this article has been informative and helpful to you in choosing the best recliner for back pain.
I can personally recommend any of the five best recliners for back pain in our reviews. Unlike ordinary chairs, recliners have been designed to evenly distribute your weight throughout the body thus taking pressure off your spine. This makes them very helpful for people experiencing back pain problems.
We believe that with this information, you will be able to choose a recliner that works best for you. Take time to compare different models of recliners to choose the best one for your specific needs.